Articles, papers, presentations and reports
- Van Gogh Museum: Towards a Digitally Transformed Museum. A video of Alyson’s presentation with the Van Gogh Museum about the experience of designing and iterating a multimedia guide using research and how it impacted on digital transformation.
- Digipublishing in Museums – Evaluating SFMoMA’s first digital catalogue. A paper by Laura for MCN 2014
- How to deliver successful mobile experiences in museums. Presentation by Alyson at the 2015 DLNET conference
- A New Look At An Old Friend: Re-evaluating the Met’s Audio guide Service. A paper for Museums at the Web 2015 that discusses in particular the issues of navigation and themed tours.
- Listening to Visitors: Research Findings on Mobile Content. From Museums and the Web 2014, a study with the National Gallery to understand what matters to visitors in terms of mobile content.
- Producing Mobile Content. A paper published in “Mobile Apps for Museums: The AAM Guide to Planning and Strategy”
- Mobile in museums: design services, not websites. A Guardian article by Lindsey
- Mobile culture: innovating the audience experience, not the technology. An article for the Guardian Culture Pros network that came out of our ME:CA project in 2013.
- Mobile in museums: tips and advice from the experts. Summary from a Guardian Culture Pros network panel that Lindsey and Martha participated in.
- Getting physical with mobile – What can the High Street learn from Museums? By Alyson, for Your Ready Business
- Creating Magic on Mobile. An EVA Paper by Martha with Danny Birchall and Alex Butterworth
- Smartphones And Their Potential To Support Family Learning in the Cultural Sector. This report from 2010 investigates whether smartphones in general and iPhones in particular offer new opportunities for the cultural sector to connect with families.
- Game Play: how to develop engaging games for a discerning audience. Museum ID article by Martha with Danny Birchall:
- Game play 2: Gaming the brain. Museum ID article by Martha with Danny Birchall about Axon, a Wellcome Collection Game
- Levelling Up: Towards Best Practice in Evaluating Museum Games. Paper for Museums and the Web 2012 by Martha with others on games evaluations
- Gaming the Museum. Paper for Museums and the Web 2011 on games in museums with Danny Birchall:
- The Brain as Game. Paper for EVA 2012 on Axon and games about the brain with Danny Birchall
You can view the full list of our presentations on Slideshare.